Friday, 29 June 2012

Empties June #1


Liz Earle - Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Whats not to love about this cleanser? It has such a fresh clean natural scent, it feels and leaves my skin feeling incredible,and my skin always glows after using this! So much so that I have a quite a few back ups as I am paranoid about running out. I use it in morning and sometimes at night alternating with my other love the Ren creamy cleanser. 

Liz Earle - Skin Repair Moisturiser Normal/Combination
Like all Liz Earle products this contained naturally active ingredients, including borage oil, antioxidants and vitamin E. The product is as high quality as every other product I've tried from the brand. The formula is light yet has the perfect balance of moisture adding properties. There's no nasty smell and is gentle enough for sensitive skins. The 50ml pot lasted me quite a while, I wasn't sure if it contained an SPF so I used this moisturiser at night to be on the safe side. The only negative bit I have to say about this product like many other moisturisers on the market is that it comes in a pot, which isn't the most hygienic way of packaging this product. 

Olay Complete Care - Daily UV Moisturiser Spf 15
As I said previously I used the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser at night due to my confusion over spf, so in the day I used Olay's Daily UV Moisturiser with an spf of 15. Again like the Liz Earle the formula was light however it was a little bit more oily and less moisturising than its natural counterpart. There was no obnoxious scent and it did all that it said on the tin. It worked but as it was nothing special I'll be buying a different moisturiser next. 

Charles Worthington - Takeaway On The Go Dry Shampoo
This is my quick fix handbag hair must have, and something I repurchase again and again. Its handbag size friendly and has a refreshing scent making it perfect for a quick hair revitalisation. 

Clinique - Air Brush Concealer
I brought this concealer with a boots voucher I was given as a treat, I usually wouldn't spend £16 on a concealer with my student budget. I was really impressed with the coverage and it didn't leave a nasty cakey finish. Having quite pale skin with pinky undertones finding the perfect concealer can be quite a challenge, so going to a more high end counter and getting matched to a shade can definitely save you money in the long run. My favourite quality of this concealer is how light it is whilst giving a good coverage, I was using Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer which my skin hated as it was far too heavy on my skin (I broke out so badly!). I will be repurchasing this soon...when I can justify the price :) 

Collection 2000 - Illuminating Touch Concealer
After using lasting perfection I wanted to find something that was as light as the Clinique AirBrush concealer but not as expensive. I liked the Illuminating Touch but it ran out so quickly and the shade was a little too orange for my skin tone. The coverage was average and wasn't cakey yet it required a lot of work. I don't think I will repurchase this. So any recommendations for a light good coverage concealer would be great :) ?

No.7 - Lash Adapt Mascara
I adore this mascara and everytime I get a No.7 £5 voucher I stock up on these. I love how natural my lashes look after using this yet how full and lengthening the formula is. I don't get any smudging or transfer and its super easy to remove. This was the last one in my stock up a few months ago, so hopefully boots have a £5 No.7 voucher promotion soon!

CoverGirl - Last Blast Volume
If only we had CoverGirl in the UK! This is another mascara love of mine, the perfect combination of length, definition and volume without unwanted clumps. Am I wrong in thinking that MaxFactor are under the same umbrella company as CoverGirl, are their mascara's similar?! I think i'll give Maxfactor mascaras ago soon. 

Blistex - Moisturising Lip Balm
With this weird English summer? Weather we've been having lately my lips have been getting very dry, so dry in fact that I finished a whole tube of lip balm! The formulation is very moisturising and gives a lovely healthy sheen to the lips without feeling sticky. I have far to many lip balms to buy any more so I wont be buying this again any time soon. 

I hope you enjoyed my first empties instalment, I love watching youtube videos on empties videos and decided it was about time I blogged about some of my used up products too :) .  
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. You can also get the Liz Earle moisturiser in a tube - which is good because I feel the same way about pots, they're a bit unhygenic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxfactor and Covergirl are made by the same company. Maxfactors false lash effect mascara is exactly the same as Cover girls lash blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy_ellie_uk - Ooh thanks, I'll be getting the tube from now on :) thanks x

    Anonymous - Thats great! Thanks, now i've got to rush out and get false lash effect :) x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...