Wednesday, 22 February 2012

L'Occitane Shea Butter Range

Inspired by the women from West Arica and their skincare secrets, the L'Occitane Shea Butter range offers an exceptional quality of protection and nourishment. The essential secret ingredient; shea butter has been used for centuries to protect the skin from the harsh environments we come into contact with. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins A and E as well as fatty acids vital for cell membrane maintenance, shea butter creates a shield against environmental damage. L'Occitane prides themselves on using the very best of natures ingredients, sourcing each in a sustainable way. 


 I have been using these 3 items from the Shea Butter range for a few weeks now and from day 1 my skin has been left with the most amazing soft and supple feeling. During the colder months I suffer from dry patches, the wind and low temperatures provide a damaging concoction causing tightness and a dullness to my complexion. These very reason made the L'Occitane line and shea butters protective qualities extremely appealing.


 For the more frostier mornings I have been using L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream. This stunningly designed jar pays homage to the the traditional storage huts used in Burkina Faso where the project first originated. The creamy formula contains 25% shea butter promising a splash of moisture, it glides on luxuriously on your skin and sinks in quickly leaving only a pleasant feeling of ultimate nourishment. The creams has no distinctive scent and a little goes a long way because of its highly concentrated moisturising formula. Although recently the days haven't been so bright the moisturiser contains an SPF of 20 offering even more protection.


The light weight formulation of the Ultra Gentle Moisturiser is great for sensitive skin, I myself don't suffer from sensitivity but I do tend to gravitate to more gentle products. I don't like to use any products that are too harsh as I believe skincare should be kind and pleasurable. This moisturiser is enriched with 8% shea butter providing a soothing action in combination with liquorice and candeia oil extracts, ideal for all year round use. Again as to not cause any unnecessary discomfort, the light fluid contains no fragrance. What I like more about this moisturiser compared its thicker counterpart is that it is contained within a pump. I find pump dispensers more clean and hygienic, perfect for quick and efficient use. Also like the entire set it leaves my skin with the best nourishment and protection compared to any product I have ever used before.


 Lastly I have been carrying L'Occitane Shea On The Go in my handbag for applications 'on the go'. The tin contains 100% pure shea butter and I tend to use this on the dry patches between my knuckles.


I find even if I wear gloves my hands always seem to suffer, so this handy tin has been a god send. Beacuse its so pure and moisturing I can use it on dry cracked skin without causing irritating, which is hard to find in a hand cream. I have yet to use this on my lip or other areas of the face which you can do and is perfectly suitable.


Overall I would strongly recommend taking a trip to L'Occitane and having a look at the Shea Butter line for yourself, you wont be disappointed! 





3 comments:

  1. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I simply would like to offer you a big thumbs up
    for the excellent information you have got here on this post.
    I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
    Here is my web blog :: Bladder Cancer

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...