Monday, 16 January 2012

My New Flat and Storage Ideas

You might not have known that I moved into a new flat late November last year and with my exams and University commitments settling in and making the place feel homely has taken a little while. I feel i've got things to a good place at the moment...not exactly how I want it/not finished but anyway I thought I would share with you some storage/organisation ideas :) 
Hope you find it helpful :) 


Bookcase that my mum gave me, she painted and distressed it and I love it! Thanks mum :) 
The I brought the storage boxes I I kinda when a little bit crazy and they weren't cheap but totally worth every penny! I didn't want them all to match so I brought lots of co ordinating different styles. I wanted my living room to feel very boutique looking, with bits and bobs and added fashion touches - like my favourite pair of shoes :) I think the black and while photograph hat boxes are my favourite


I love the raised velvet detailing. The pink tea light holders I was given for my birthday some a friend, they add a lovely girly touch. 



The rose box is the biggest. The silver trinket boxes add a touch of something different to contrast. 


Some book I got for christmas :)


In my bedroom I have my tall mirror laying against the wall, I love this look. I didn't want to nail it to the wall, plus it means I can move it around easily if I fancy a change :) 
The wardrobe is a little short for long dresses but it has ample space for clothes and the bottom drawer is where I store my makeup :)


The chest of drawers was originally black and again my mum painted it before giving it to me. I really wanted to put some new handles on but unfortunately they are two holed fittings not one so it wouldn't work. Never mind I love it none the less :) In the small box stack I store my jewellery. I also store my brushes in vase glasses and my perfumes on the top. 

\

Here's my desk, I can stand small desk as I like a lot of space when im studying etc. I chose this table which is actually a kitchen table as it has plenty of room for my laptop and space to work as well. Its a frosted glass top with metal legs. The chair is something I have wanted for ages, its plastic perspex which helps to give illusion that its not taking up as much space. 
The small shelving unit holds all my DVD's and the alcove to the right is where I store my text books. 


This wooden chest is great for storage, its where I keep my bedding and other bits and bobs hidden away. The throw was my bargain purchase from Primark and the sequinned cushion i've had for years. 

Hope this was helpful and gave you some inspirational tips on how to organise/save space. My plans now are to change the awful carpet and paint the walls :) I'll update you when everything is complete. 



8 comments:

  1. Loved this post! The bookshelves with those gorgeous boxes on especially, really does look like a cute little boutique! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that whole bookcase is STUNNING. love the distressed look but most of all love the purposeful un-coordination. its so sweet, like you said i like a boutique. And most of all im so jealous of that trunk, i so want a rustic one! great job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all gorgeous! I really can't wait to have my own place to decorate.
    Your desk is lovely and big as well :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, you've got some lovely furniture! I've just moved in with my bf and we are really struggling for storage space! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. TheOtherSideofCool - Thank you for your lovely comment :) so happy you liked it :) x

    Laura.loves.beauty - Thank you so much :) hopefully you'll be able to pick up a trunk from somewhere soon :) Let me know if you find one *fingers crossed* x

    Jesss - Thanks :) I know how you feel, I've wanted my own space to make my own for years! :) x

    Simple Country Girl - Thank you glad you liked my post :) Hopefully it helped with some storage ideas, have fun decorating :) ! And congratulations on your move! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a great site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Artisthecure - Thanks :) x

    Mike - Thanks for your lovely comment. Glad you enjoyed my post :) x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...