Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Festival of Fashion


Have you ever looked at an outfit in a magazine and wished you knew how to put together something like that? Or that you had the confidence to walk down the street wearing that killer dress with those to die for shoes? I’m definitely one for having a bit of a ‘moment’ sometimes before going out because I’m worried about what to wear. 

So I was so pleased and impressed when I was told about the 3-hour confidence building sessions that are being held at the ‘Festival of Fashion’. Being able to help someone to feel confident in themselves, in the clothes, makeup, hairstyles they wear is an amazing thing to do.

The Festival of Fashion is being held at the Festival Place shopping mall in Basingstoke, Hampshire, on the 8th and 9th of October. Sorry if the event is too far from you but I wanted to share this with you to let you know about the event :) The Festival of Fashion has been designed to help build confidence, and also to show the fantastic fashion that’s currently available on the high street.

VIP tickets for the 3 hour Confidence building sessions only cost £10, with stylists, makeup artists and hairdressers offering expert advice on such things like which clothes suit your body shape and what style of hair cut best complements your face. Feeling great in an outfit, new hair cut or lip colour can completely transform the way you view and feel about yourself.

The weekend event is set to include a number of celebrity stylists and hairdressers such as Jason Smith and TV stylist Wendy Elsmore and. Fashion blogger Poppy Dinsey will also be there too!

For more information and to book a ticket click here

I think that with the pressure to look good all the time from the media is constantly increasing, so having the opportunity to work on self-esteem and confidence definitely appeals to me :)

One great piece of advice that was given to me by someone who I always admired was to ‘never try and change your body to fit the dress but to find a dress that fits you’ 

If any of you are close to the venue and are thinking of going i'd love to know :) Sadly I live to far but I hope something similar happens near to me!




3 comments:

  1. If I was still in the UK I'd love to go to something like this, it's really important to have the confidence to wear what you love, however 'out there' and also know what suits you. Sounds like a great idea! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go! Sounds amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It such a lovely idea! Sometimes fashion can be overwhelming so having a helpful hand is an amazing opportunity :) x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...