Wednesday, 14 September 2011

August Favourites 2011

A lot of my favourite products this month are relatively new discoveries, quite different compared to last months favourites post :) 

Liz Earle SuperSkin Concentrate 

This is AMAZING! and it smells INCREDIBLE too! I know that when the terms 'oil' and 'face' are mentioned in the same sentence it can be a little off putting, but please don't recoil and stop reading just yet :) Oil alone will not bring you unwanted blemishes....spots are often the result of a combination of different factors including hormones, bacteria, dead skin cells and the buildup of these factors. Oils not something to run away from, your skin naturally produces oil because it needs it. There are huge benefits for your skin; oils help to heal, protect, and moisturise your skin so that it may function properly. Properly functioning skin is beautiful, clear, and glowing. Concentrates especially are extremely absorbent and can actually be more moisturising than any fancy face creams! The SuperSkin Concentrate by Liz Earle is formulated with 100% pure plant oils, organic rose hip oil, argan oil as well as containing vitamin E, all of which help to rejuvenate, plump and rebalance the skin. To get the best results I use this at night to allow the oil maximum time to work its magic! I also love that it contains aromatic essential oils; neroli, lavender and chamomile which at night are luxuriously calming and relaxing. In the morning my face feels undeniably soft I definitely notice a difference. I don't use this every night as I think it might be a bit too much for my skin,so I use it every other to every two nights. 


Real Techniques Stippling Brush 


This brush is a dream to use and I have been reaching for this brush a lot lately. The stippling brush has multiple uses, I use it with my liquid foundations, creams and even powder products. I love the size of head, its small and dense enough to use on small areas as well as the larger areas on the face. The bristles are lovely and soft, not too stiff perfect for non streaky applications. I've had no problems with shedding so far either, so a definite favourite all time brush for me! 

 Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint 

I've worn this nearly everyday since I opened it! For an in depth review of this you can read more about the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint here :) I adore the natural finish it gives and how it makes my skin look flawless but without taking away your skins natural healthy glow. I haven't even missed using my other foundations! 

Burberry Body Perfume ( Sample Size ) 


I was lucky enough to receive this sample of the new Burberry Body Perfume as a result of liking the Burberry facebook page. I heard about this fantastic opportunity from Fleur De Force in a blog post she wrote telling us about it :) Thank you Fleur! The bottle is an exact mini version of the full size perfume and my first impressions: I love it! Packaged in a tall, elegant bottle it oozes sophistication and class. Its absolutely stunning and I cant wait to purchase the full size version if just to display on my dressing table. Its a fresh, modern, delicate floral scent without being too fussy or overbearing. I would definitely say that this scent is more day than night as It lacks that edgyness. The main dominating floral scent is rose but again its not overwhelming just the right amount of power. Love it! 

Sranrom Calm Down Hand Cream 


I've also written a more indepth review on this Hand Cream from Sranrom too if you'd like to read more about it here.  With the weather being so windy at the moment this has been living in my bag in order to keep my hands hydrated and its been doing a great job. The main reason I love using this over other hand creams is the amazing aroma of lime, its incredible :) 

Revlon Nail Polish Shade 091 Smoky Canvas from the New Collection 


This is my first beige toned nail polish and now I think its created a whole new nail colour obsession...note many more purchases of similar shades probably to come in the future! The colour is great for the autumn season and is wearable with any look. I was worried the shade might cause my skin too look a little washed out but it works so well, really complementing my skin tone in fact! I adore Revlon nail polishes, their formula is one of the best i've used. It dries fast leaving a lovely sheen, its creamy and sometimes just one coat does the trick! No streaks,  easy to apply brush, its a winner and I find it lasts too!

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do if you also own them :) What were your monthly favourites? I'd love to know, monthly favourites are one of my favourite posts to read! So If you've written a favourites post please leave your website below in a comment :) Thank you 

6 comments:

  1. I adore the Liz Earle Oil! Nothing like feeling like your putting the moisture back into your skin! Can't wait to be stocked up on for my birthday by my mother :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm what great finds, Hol! Where did you buy the Liz Earle Skin Tint? I can't not have it anymore! lol

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - Yes I totally agree :) ooh when's your birthday! Happy Birthday :) I hope you get lots of lovely goodies :) x

    Lebeautygroup - You can get it from John Lewis or online :) x http://uk.lizearle.com/make-up/sheer-skin-tint-spf15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I really want to try that brush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Faves! WIsh it was easier for me to get ahold of Liz Earle products

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire - Its amazing! Well worth the money :) x

    Mercedes - How do you usually buy them? :) x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...