Monday, 8 August 2011

July Favourites 2011


Recently i've been looking for ways to get that nice summer glow. A lot of my favourite products last month seem to be centred around moisturising...so not really all that exciting really :) (apologies).  However, I truly believe that great skin care and looking after your skin makes any cosmetic product look soo much better. And if it means I can get away with wearing less makeup i'm happy. Lets face it in the heat there's nothing worse than that heavy feeling on your skin :)

Here are my favourite products of July ... 

Maybelline's Pure Blush Mineral - Moonlight Mauve 

I've had this blush for a while now and have recently whipped it out again to realise how much I used to love it :) There is something quite pleasing about rediscovering an old and forgotten product. What I really like about this dusty pink blush is how natural it looks on the skin and that it lasts all day. Its super pigmented so a little goes a long way and a light hand is definitely essential! Perfect for achieving a nice healthy glow.

Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick - Caramel 


This had been my go to lippy this month, officially living in my handbag. I am a HUGE fan of Natural Collections lipsticks, they are super affordable and I really like their range of shades. However, I have found that this lipstick does need a few applications to built up the colour but for the price i'm not complaining :) Its a lovely deep bronzed gold tone with a slight touch of frost. I think it would look great on all sin tones, perfect for an easy wearable summer lip. 

When i'm in the mood for a bit of gloss I have been pairing Natural Collections Caramel with my Clinique Long Lasting Glosswear in Air Kiss



Its non sticky (I can't stand sticky lip gloss) and has an SPF of 15, so I know my lips are protected. The shade has a subtle pink tone to it and the slight gold really complements the caramel lipstick.  

Blistex Conditioning Lip Balm 



I'm not sure what is going on with my lips this month, they have been in desperate need of some moisture. If anyone might know why i'd love to know :) because of this I am forever using lip balm. I was using Nivea's Hydro Care for a bit but I felt like it wasn't doing anything, so i switched to my Blistex one. Not looking back Blistex has been perfect in bringing life back into my lips as it's super nourishing.  It smells of vanilla which I adore and gives a nice refreshing tingly feeling. 

Mac 217 Blending Brush 


I can literally use this one brush for my whole eye makeup, its amazing! Its great for packing on colour onto your eye lid by using it flat, for applying colour into the crease and even for blending. Its definitely a multi use tool. 

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails - Natural 



I have found that from using this clear nail polish on my nails they have grown a lot stronger and longer. I sometimes used it as a base coat for when i'm going to wear a strong colour on my nails but it also looks really nice and glossy on its own. 

Clinique All About the Eyes Rich Eye Cream



This little pot was actually one of the free gifts I received when I brought some Clinique products a few months ago ( don't you just love it when they have this offer on :) ) Its been sitting on my shelf and I finally got round to using it. Whats amazing is that I have barely put a dent in this little pot, you only need to use a little and its luxuriously moisturising. All i've been using is about a pea size amount tapped onto the skin around my eye where you can feel the bone underneath (orbital bone) and on the brow bone. I'll certainly be purchasing the full size version when i've gotten through this one as it so moisturising and it leaves a lovely hydrating and velvety feel to my skin. 

If you would like a more in-depth review of any of the products mentioned feel free to ask :) 


3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I want to try that lipbalm, sounds lovely. I love vanilla xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was using the Clinique Moisture Surge Cream sample I got from Glamour Magazine which was really nice and light and moisturising. I'm using the Barry M 3-in-1 polish but I remember using the Sally Hansen one years ago. Where did you buy it? I don't remember seeing it anywhere anymore. That lipstick is gorgeous on you! Are the Natural Collection ones moisturising? I need moisturising ones! I remember I used to love the brand when I was a teenager and starting out with make-up. I have some nice Rimmel lipsticks but I find it dries out my lips and makes them flake even when I put Carmex on first. I'm a huge fan of Carmex. Never used Blistex. Is it really that good? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy its such a lovely lip balm :) I adore anything that smells of vanilla too! x

    Hi Bee ooh i've never used the Barry M 3 in 1 before! Might just have to try that out :) I think i brought the sally hansen from boots but i'm not 100% sure. Thanks :) this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out at all, i find that sometimes the mac ones do, but not always :) I would probably say that Carmex is the better of the two but its a close second! x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...