Friday, 19 August 2011

It's A Skin Thing - New Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint Review




As a lover of all the products that I own from the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare line (which is quite a few :) ) I was super excited to have been given the amazing opportunity to try out the new Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint before it hits the shops in September. Oh and you'll be pleased to know it doesn't disappoint! 


The new Sheer Skin Tint is the result of the many countless customer requests for Liz Earle to expand her skincare line into makeup. The Skin Tint was created to work in harmony with the skin, to highlight and enhance a woman’s natural beauty, instead of masking it. Giving every women confidence with natural looking everyday skin.

(no makeup apart from Sheer Skin Tint) 

 I chose the lightest shade ‘Bare’ as even in the summer my skin is quite fair; the skin tint comes in three different shades, Bare being the lightest, then Beige and Beach for those with darker skin tones. 





If you’re like me and tend to avoid ordering foundations online because of the difficultly in choosing a shade, then you’ll be pleased to know that Liz Earle will provide samples of all the three shades with every purchase. Helping you find the best shade to suit you, first time, and supporting the Liz Earle ‘ Reduce, Re-use, Recycle’ campaign; preventing unnecessary landfill of good unused products.

(no makeup apart from Sheer Skin Tint) 

Following the instructions I applied a pea size amount of the product, dotting it evenly onto my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, blending it in with my fingertips. The formula was thicker than I had expected from a ‘sheer’ product, but the rich creaminess helped the foundation to blend evenly into the skin. The lightweight formula and natural coverage gave my skin a lovely fresh, radiant and dewy appearance. It evened out my skin tone, providing a great natural looking base. As the name ‘Sheer Skin Tint’ suggests I would say that if you are after more than a just light coverage this might not be the product for you.




I was a little hesitant about the dewy appearance it gave my skin at first, as I do suffer from a little shininess, however to my surprise I found that it actually helped to keep my shininess at bay! And my makeup looked as fresh as when I first applied it :)

(Sheer Skin Tint, Blusher, and Mascara. Oh and sorry I had wet hair as I had just washed it :) 

The Sheer Skin Tint contains a UV protection of SPF 15, which I think is fantastic, giving you the option to skip your moisturiser and just using it on its own if you wish.

The dark, shimmery blue and easily portable packaging contains 40ml of product for £21,which sounds a little on the expensive side. However, a little does go a long way :) and I’m sure it would be a great investment, lasting you a long time. 

(Sheer Skin Tint, Blusher, and Mascara) 

Overall I am really satisfied with Liz Earles' first step from skincare to makeup and I can’t wait to find out what’s next in the Liz Earle Colour collection!  

Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint will be available here from the 15th of September 





3 comments:

  1. I'm still working this out. I mix mine with Laura mercier tm to get the perfect colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thats a great idea! Makes them both last longer too :) I hope you get the perfect shade worked out soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on this! Will be a post birthday pressie I think! xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment :) Thanks x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...